Network Wide Governance, individual Metaverse Governance
A community-owned, decentralized, multi-metaverse platform requires sophisticated governance protocols, allowing it to develop gracefully in the best interest of the stakeholders. This governance mechanism is inspired by Polkadot governance, and our protocols are built using the Substrate framework.
This structure is designed to maintain the sustainable development of the entire network and ecosystem over time. Stakeholders can utilize the governance to shape the future such as feature implementation, protocol adjustment, metaverse operations, and important technical issues.
Network Wide Governance
In general, anyone can create a proposal, however, the most popular proposal will be promoted as a referendum for public attention and voting.
Proposing is an essential process to deliver important matters efficiently and effectively to the public audience.
The most seconded proposal in that period will become a referendum for public voting. Bit.Country will actively promote a public referendum in its best effort to bring the attention to everyone for voting.
There are four areas of interest, notably:
Any NUUM holder can create a proposal through Democracy.
The members are elected through the candidate voting process by the NUUM holders. The general council is interested in matters like ecosystem development, protocol implementation & adjustment, forkless upgrade, and so on.
The members are elected through the candidate voting process by the NUUM holders. However, the candidates need to be users who own some land.
The metaverse council is responsible for issues relating to metaverse operations, social token inclusion, land management, and so on.
The technical members are appointed by the general council, this team is responsible for urgent bug fixes and roll-out. Any technical-related emergencies will be fast-tracked through the technical committee. This will ensure the network stays secure and healthy for the ecosystem.
To maintain the efficiency of governance, we have the following consideration in the designs.
- Proposal Creation
- On-platform simple UI Interface for the interested parties
- Avoid spam & require commitment
- Proposal requires NUUM locking with X Amount for Y Period so that small NUUM holders could have similar or bigger power than large holders
- Proposal creation requires a small number of transaction fees using NUUM.
- When popular proposals become referenda, they need public attention. The design should promote referenda on the platform. Considerations are:
- Displaying in the skybox of the 3D world
- Top banner of the user interface.
- On-platform simple UI Interface for interested parties
- Avoid Spam & Require commitment
- Allowing NUUM locking with X Amount for Y Period.